Our website markets workplaces and their employment opportunities to veterinary peers to help employers build their employer brand and recruit prospective talent. We also enable individual peers to create a personal career profile to connect and build relationships with prospective employers. In order for us to provide you with our website and the associated services we may need to collect personal information about you.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the UK
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
This website is owned and operated by YOUR VET NETWORK LTD (Company No. 11634276) whose registered office is at Office 6, First Floor, South Devon House, Babbage Road, Totnes, Devon, England, TQ9 5JA. If you have any comments or queries about this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 3 May 2021.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- your payment details
- your student year of study and academic institution
- evidence and details of your qualifications
- details of your employment history
- the types of roles that would interest you
- the employers that interest you
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information – this is information that allows us to identify you such as your name and email address, telephone number etc
- Anonymous information – we may collect information that does not personally identify you but categories you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, lifestyle) and we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately.
- Special category data – this includes ethnic origin, religious beliefs and sexual orientation. Supply of this information is voluntarily. We collect this data because we want to champion diversity and inclusion. Knowing our platform and initiative has engaged and is helping diverse groups within the profession is important to us. It is also helpful for increasing our awareness of the size of different target populations within the veterinary industry to ensure diversity continues to grow within the profession. Your data will only be used to produce aggregate statistics of the veterinary profession. This data is never displayed anywhere on your profile or visible to anyone else including with those whom you choose to share your profile with.
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Contact us by email or post
- Contact us by telephone
- Select options within the services – such as whether you want to be informed of particular vacancies
- Provide your CV
- Engage in one of our surveys of the profession
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- How you found our website
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
How we use your Personal Information
To provide our website, process your request for information or your request for products or services, we may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the services you have asked for
- to send you marketing materials (if you have agreed to this)
- to contact you about a request you may have made
- to process your payment
- to analyse and tailor the services that we offer to you with your needs and interests
- to comply with our legal obligation or as otherwise as may be required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our services or website
- to help us develop the website and make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website and services
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to analyse student and professional experiences of the profession to develop and tailor our services
- to share anonymous aggregated insights of student and professional experiences with the profession
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process.
- Where you have consented to us using your personal information: When you submit information to us on our website, we will process that information in order to comply with your request for further information.
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you: An example of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you is when you have asked us to list your details as an employer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests: We may provide you with marketing information about our own services that are related to those you have used (unless you tell us to stop).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation: An example of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation – Keeping records for tax purposes if you pay for any services.
We may provide you with information about services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you. We may use your information for market research and analysis including profiling so that we can ensure that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and if you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com.
Sharing your Personal Information
Other third parties
Personal user information
You retain 100% control over who sees your personal data according to how you interact with the platform. Your personal data is not visible to any third parties. The only ways in which your personal data can be seen by third parties is in the following ways. When:
- You privately share the URL link to your profile with someone
- You choose to link your profile to your workplace. You are able to unlink your profile from a workplace whenever you like
- You ‘express interest’ in a workplace. This provides the admins of that workplace profile with access to view your profile and add you to their ‘Network’ contact list.
- You apply for a job. This provides the admins of that workplace profile with access to view your profile and add you to their ‘Network’ contact list.
- You apply for a placement at a workplace. This provides the admins of that workplace profile with access to view your profile and add you to their ‘Network’ contact list.
Processed, aggregated data is only shared with other third parties that has already been made already public by The Meraki Initiative in our communication and marketing activity. This ensures no favouritism and unfair advantage is provided to any particular third party that we collaborate or engage in business activity with.
We may share your information with certain other third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Amazon AWS – Cloud data storage services (www.amazon.com)
- Microsoft 365 – Email and Microsoft Applications (www.microsoft.com)
- Xero – Accounting software (www.xero.com)
- Stripe – Internet payment collection software (stripe.com/gb)
- Vimeo – Video sharing platform (https://vimeo.com)
- SurveyMonkey – Data survey design and insight collection platform (https://www.surveymonkey.com)
- Quaderno – Automated tax compliance software (https://www.quaderno.io)
- Calendly – Online appointment scheduling software (https://calendly.com)
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets
Third Party Privacy Policies
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the UK or within the EEA.
All third parties who provide services or software to us are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer data retention periods can be found below:
|Type of Documents
|Description of Information
|Period the information is live
|Name, contact details and CV’s (if supplied) of those registering on the site.
|3 years from last access on site
|7 years from ceasing to be live
|Name, contact details and descriptive overview of your culture
|3 years from last access on site
|7 years from ceasing to be live
|Name and contact details of those contacting the company but not registering on the site
|12 months after last contact
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of such information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing us at email@example.com
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at email@example.com with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. It may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
|Information Commissioners Office
How to Contact us