Gain experience with us
Dedicated placement supervisor: Yes
Pre-placement phone call: Yes
Learning experience we offer
We have a placement starter self-assessment questionnaire which will help you to get stuck in to your clinical training and help us to help you launch into your career. Our promises to you:
- We will always endeavour to discuss your objectives in an early placement conversation
- Ensure you are always aware who you can buddy up with on a day-to-day basis
- Provide a day one induction and informal check-ins during your placement
- Offer a personalised learning experience according to your knowledge and skills across the areas of consulting, laboratory, core skills and surgical skills
- Enthusiastically enjoy knowledge sharing and teaching with patience
- Share the responsibility of teaching across the whole team
- Value building bonds with students by integrating and making you feel part of the team
- Provide personal and professional developmental feedback on placement completion
What we expect from you
To help you gain a little more insight, one of our EMS Bursary students has very kindly provided us with a student-eye view of his first clinical EMS experience with us. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did!
The Pets at Home Vet Group offers EMS bursaries. For more information on the application process, please visit the EMS information page.